The First International Workshop on Edge and Fog Systems for 5G & Beyond (IWEF) will be held in Barcelona, Spain on April 15, 2018 in conjunction with IEEE WCNC 2018.
Prof. Ying-Dar Lin, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
Prof. Ying-Dar Lin is a distinguished professor of Computer Science at National Chiao Tung University (NCTU) in Taiwan. He is an IEEE Fellow, an IEEE ComSoc Distinguished Lecturer (2014~2017), and a research associate of ONF. He has been the editor-in-chief of IEEE Communications Surveys and Tutorials since 2017 and is currently on the editorial boards of many IEEE journals. He has co-chaired symposia at IEEE Globecom’13 and IEEE ICC’15.
Dr. Arturo Azcorra, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid (UC3M), Spain
Dr. Arturo Azcorra is currently full professor at Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, and is also an IEEE Senior Member and an ACM SIGCOMM Member. He has served as a TPC member in many international conferences, including several editions of IEEE PROMS, IDMS, QofIS, ACM CoNEXT and IEEE INFOCOM.
Dr. Alain Mourad, InterDigital Europe Ltd, UK
Dr. Alain Mourad is currently leading the research and development of Next-Generation RAN at InterDigital Europe Ltd. Prior to joining InterDigital, Alain was a Principal Engineer at Samsung Electronics R&D (UK) and previously a Senior Engineer at Mitsubishi Electric R&D Centre Europe (France). Throughout his career, he has been active in the research and standardization of recent wireless communication and broadcasting systems (3GPP-LTE, WiMAX 16m, DVB-T2/NGH, ATSC 3.0). Alain has several inventions and authored numerous peer-reviewed scientific publications. He received the Inventor of the Year Award from Samsung Electronics R&D UK twice in 2012 and 2013, and in 2016 InterDigital Non-Patent Innovation Award for the “idea, creation and execution of InterDigital Europe”.
CALL FOR PAPERS
Submission deadline: 2 November 2017
Author Notification: 15 December 2017
Final Manuscript: 12 January 2018
TOPICS OF INTEREST
Research topics of interest include, but are not limited to the following topics:
- 5G-EFS/MEC architecture and system framework
- 5G-EFS/MEC use cases, deployment scenarios, and requirements
- 5G-EFS/MEC experiments, testbeds and demonstrations
- Business models involving all stakeholders of the 5G-EFS/MEC value chain
- Cloud federation in 5G-EFS/MEC
- Integration and interaction between EFS/MEC and central clouds
- EFS/MEC applications and service provisioning
- EFS/MEC function provisioning
- Orchestration and control algorithms for EFS/MEC functions
- Resource management and allocations for EFS/MEC
- Network function virtualization (NFV) at EFS/MEC
- Network slicing and multi-tenancy of EFS/MEC
- EFS/SDN/NFV integration
- Virtualization of radio access network functions in EFS/MEC
- Multi-RAT convergence and network offloading
- Software defined networking (SDN) for EFS/MEC
- Switching designs to support 5G-EFS/MEC architectures
- QoS and traffic engineering in EFS/MEC
- Service mobility under the EFS/MEC framework
- Security and privacy issues in EFS/MEC
- Authentication, authorization and billing issues in EFS/MEC
- Performance analysis and evaluation of EFS/MEC system
For more information click here.