Last week has been a major milestone for the 5G-CORAL project. Working closely with the Taiwanese partners, the project has performed a Technology showcase in the Nangang Global Mall.
On the 2nd of November, the 5G-CORAL consortium was able to meet one of its key Milestones (showcasing an integrated demonstration in the Taiwan trial sites) six months in advance. The project organised a one day experience for different stakeholders in the Nangang Global Mall.
First, the 5G-CORAL project met with the 5G Office head, CTO Chang, to showcase the demonstrations integrated in the shopping mall, in a private session, to discuss technology forecast and evolution. This meeting was followed by a project workshop which took place in the Green World Hotel Nangang, gathering companies of the sector, and it ended with a demo showcase in the Nangang Global Mall.
There were multiple talks in the workshop:
- “Introduction to 5G-CORAL”. Speaker: Antonio de la Oliva (UC3M)
- “Value Proposition of 5G-CORAL”. Speaker: Alain Mourad (IDCC)
- “Industrial impact of 5G-CORAL”. Speaker: Tony Do/Tonny Yang (ITRI)
- “5G-CORAL’s innovation”. Speaker: Chenguang Lu (Ericsson)
The demonstrations performed in the Shopping Mall included:
– Live demonstrations: Multi-RAT IoT Gateway, Multi-tier resource management for 360 adaptive immersive video, Fog Assisted Robotics and Augmented Reality based navigation
– Video demonstration included: vMME integration in the High Speed Train scenario, SD-WAN and Fog assisted automotive emergency alert.
The workshop, which was held at the aforementioned shopping mall, integrated a series of demonstrations on the 5G CORAL project. These demos can be found in our demos page: http://5g-coral.eu/?page_id=156
Link to the agenda of the event here.
Link to the photo gallery: